Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be made a variety of ways. You can omit the bow tie pasta and just have the veggies and or add/delete as desired. I think I like it so well because it's somewhat sweet. Feel free to improvise as needed for taste.
- 2 cups bow tie pasta (optional)
- 1⁄2 head broccoli
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or white)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Cut up into bite size pieces the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Boil noodles and rinse under cold water.
- Drain well.
- Fry the bacon crispy and cut up fine.
- Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar and add to your veggies, cheese and raisins.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours for flavors to blend.
Had this for lunch today. Really good stuff. I didn't add raisins to mine and used all brocoli. I did use the tri color pasta. Was delicious and colorful. I cut the recipe in half and it served 2 of us for lunch and not a whole lot each but just enough because I had it with soup. I don't know how it would of served 6. But it was yummy stuff. Made for the Holiday Tag Fall '09
Love it!! I wanted to add raisins, but my hubby was in charge of the list that night, and didn't think to mention them because HE doesn't like them. I'm sure they would have been great in this!! I made this with all broccoli, and also used the green onions. Subbed Splenda for the sugar, used low fat mayo, low fat cheese, whole wheat pasta, and only used 6 slices of center cut bacon instead of a pound of regular. Tastes great with all of the low fat substitutions. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! Oh forgot to mention, I did add some salt and pepper to the dressing.
What a great salad. Quick and delicious. I didn't add quite as much sugar as the recipe said and also gently roasted the sunflower seeds before adding. Made for the Aussie / Kiwi Recipe Swap 32.