Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, salt and pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a greased 3-quart baking dish, layer half of the pasta, half of the meat mixture, all of the tomato soup and 1 cup of cheese.
- Top with the remaining pasta and meat mixture.
- Spread evenly with mushroom soup.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Wow this was very good. I had to use spiral pasta and swiss and cheddar cheese, since I didn't have all the ingredients I needed. Everybody loved it, even my picky husband enjoyed it and added it to the "keeper" list. Thank you for creating a recipe that satisfied everyone in my family.