Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a really simple dish that can be made with things you have on hand or the things you like most on your pizza. I sometimes use canned tomatoes with their juices or just plain sauce. Experiment and have fun!
- 453.59 g bow tie pasta
- 226.79 g pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1-2 clove garlic, minced
- 4-5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1-2 stalk celery, diced
- 2.46-4.92 ml dry oregano
- 2.46-4.92 ml dried coriander
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml tomato juice
- mushroom (optional)
- olive (optional)
- banana pepper (optional)
- spinach (optional)
- broccoli (optional)
- sausage (optional)
- different cheese (optional)
- different spices
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook noodles and set aside.
- Put pepperoni in a fry pan and cook lightly until grease comes out, do not pour off grease.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and the rest of the vegetables, cook for a couple minutes.
- Add spices and stir around.
- Put noodles in a 9" x 13" greased casserole dish.
- Pour the tomatoes, pepperoni, cheese and tomato juice over noodles and stir lightly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and add more cheese if you like and bake for another 5 or 10 minutes, until cheese has browned.
This is a great tasting, simple casserole. The only thing I changed in the recipe was to use canned diced tomatoes (undrained) instead of fresh tomatoes, this was just to save a little time in the prep!! I also used banana peppers, olives, and mushrooms out of the optional ingredients, turned out awesome...thanks for sharing!!
Delicious kid friendly meal. I did have to leave out the green pepper, as my daughter doesn't like them. I also didn't have tomatoe juice, so I used a small can of sauce and added a small amount of water to get the juice consistency and added a small can of diced tomatoes instead of fresh. Very nice. :)
I made this recipe during my Once a Month Cooking blitz and popped the completed casserole into the freezer. I baked it right from frozen and it took about 2 hours to completely heat through. My oldest daughter had 3 helpings and she ate leftovers the next day too. I also made a smaller lunch sized casserole with banana peppers from our garden so my husband can take it for lunch on another day. I have added this to my OAMC casserole collection, thanks for sharing it.