Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a great twist on the traditional fettuccine alfredo. You can use any type of pasta desired. The chicken, broccoli and alfredo sauce come together really well in this dish.
- 1 lb chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 head broccoli
- salt and pepper
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- In a large grill pan, heat oil. Add chicken pieces and grill until completely cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, add bowties to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Steam broccoli in a vegetable steamer until soften but still firm. Chop broccoli into a bite size pieces.
- While pasta and broccoli are cooking, in a large saucepan, bring cream and butter to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for one minute.
- Add half of the parmesan cheese and whisk over low heat for about 1 minute, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and place into a warmed, large bowl.
- Pour on the sauce and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Toss in broccoli and chicken pieces.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was absolutely fantastic. Easy to make when you come home tired from work. May need a little more seasoning, but I think it was delicious how it was! Will be making this again soon!