Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A frozen meal starter wraps up exciting flavors of Thailand! YUM! This recipe won the 2002 Pillsbury Bake-Off!!
- 7 1⁄2 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta (farfalle 3 cups)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, strips for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (1 lb) packagegreen giant create a meal frozen stir-fry szechuan meal starter frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package.
- Drain; return to saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine curry powder and soy sauce.
- Add chicken strips; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Add frozen sauce and vegetables from meal starter.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook 6 to 9 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in lime juice and peanut butter.
- Add Alfredo sauce to cooked pasta; toss to coat.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over pasta mixture; stir well.
- Spoon onto individual serving plates.
- Sprinkle coconut, onions, and peanuts from packet over each serving.
- Garnish each with lime wedge.
Pretty tastey. I doubled the recipe and substituted marinary for half of the alfredo sauce. Added a nice zing to it. It took me quite a bit longer than 25 minutes to prepare the dish, though.