Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mom's nickname was Bou, and this was one of her favorites when we were growing up. It's easy, and the ingredients are usually right at hand.
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup water
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- Combine sauce ingredients in large pot or dutch oven.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add the chicken.
- Turn down the heat, put the lid on at a tilt (or open the steam vent).
- Simmer till chicken is cooked- about 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
this is very good. I usually make this in the pressure cooker- I have a small one- I serve it over noodles. The sauce is great