Recipe by gailanng
Good anytime, but especially holidays (including Mardi Gras--which just happens to be tomorrow. Happy Mardi Gras everybody!).
- 36 whole pitted dates
- 1 (5 ounce) packageboursin cheese with pepper, softened
- 3 tablespoons red pepper jelly or 3 tablespoons green pepper jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Slit each date lengthwise, but do not cut in half. Spread each date to open slightly.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of boursin into each date, spreading evenly.
- Arrange dates in a single layer on a serving dish. May be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Just before serving, top each stuffed date with 1/4 teaspoon pepper jelly.