Prep 20 mins
Cook 96 hrs
Can be made ahead of time then baked and served. Make your own Boursin cheese or buy a commercial product. COOKS NOTES: You may want to double, this recipe is for 2. Also note the passive cooking time. That is to allow for boursin and chicken to set up.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- spinach or basil leaves, enough to cover each chicken breast
- 29.58 ml walnuts, toasted and chopped finely
- boursin cheese
- 28.34 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 9.85 ml fresh parsley, minced fine
- 9.85 ml fresh chives, chopped fine
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 0.25 ml kosher salt
- 29.58 ml fine breadcrumbs
- Pound each chicken breast to 1/4" thick. This can be done ahead of time, covered and refrigerated.
- In a pan of boiling water, quickly dip each spinach leaf or basil leaf; drain and set aside.
- Mix the 8 ingredients together for the Boursin cheese; add the walnuts to the cheese mixture, cover at room temperature for at least an hour to blend the flavors.
- Lay the chicken breast flat, season each side with salt and pepper; add the spinach or basil leaves and spread the cheese-walnut mixture to cover each breast.
- Starting at the shortest end of the chicken breast, roll up as tightly as possible and tuck in the ends to form a neat roll, transfer to a greased baking dish and place the chicken breast seam side down; sprinkle with bread crumbs and refrigerate at least 3 hours or over night.
- Bake 350° degrees F. for approximately 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes; slice 1/2 inch thick and serve with a tomato rose and an asparagus and carrot ring garnish.
yep, its a winner. I love boursin cheese so this was great. omitted the nuts, and used a combo of both basil and spinach leaves as i had both on hand. Very good kiwidutch
We really enjoyed this! I used low fat cheese and it was still great. I added more garlic and cayenne for our tastes. Served with steamed rice and broccoli. Thank you for a very good meal that I will be making again.
This is soooooo good! Loved the mix of cream cheese and walnuts!! This is an easy recipe to prepare - and it could easily be prepared in advance!! It had a nice kick with the Cayenne pepper! Will make it again for sure!! Thanks kiwidutch!!