Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very quick and easy sauce, which is ideal for dressing pasta and which has always been very popular with my children. It cooks in less time than it takes to boil the pasta, and is so easy you can hardly call it a recipe. I can't find anything similar here on Recipezaar, so I hope you like it. By the way, I noticed some excellent-looking recipes for home-made Boursin-substitute here on Recipezaar, and I'm sure that any of these would work just as well. We think it is particularly nice if you stir some cooked frozen peas into the pasta and sauce, for added crunch, colour and vitamins!
- Cook your pasta, and while it is boiling --
- Put the Boursin in a small saucepan, with a splash of milk.
- Over a low flame, heat the Boursin and milk, breaking up the Boursin with a wooden spoon and stirring constantly to dissolve.
- Add more milk, continuing to heat and stir, until the sauce reaches the consistency you want. The hotter the sauce gets, the easier it is to dissolve.
- Grind in some black pepper.
- If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add more milk. If it is too thin, add more Boursin.
- When the sauce starts to bubble, and you are happy with the consistency, beat it rapidly with the wooden spoon, then pour over your cooked pasta, stir through, and enjoy!
this is really quick and easy,and taste rather good too! I found with the Boursin cheese and just milk it was kind of grainy so I added 1/4 tablespoon of butter and that really smoothed the sauce out nicely.I made beef tips in onion, mushroom gravy and added that to the side.This made for a great , quick after work meal!