Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Boursin Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion with a Tablespoon of olive oil in skillet and cook until translucent.
- add 1-2 more tablespoons of olive oil and add chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken in skillet until juices run clear, or it is pretty well cooked through.
- After chicken is browned on both sides add the can of broth and the white wine.
- Add the pepper and garlic to the chicken and broth.
- Bring entire skillet to a boil and add the Boursin Cheese.
- Break up the cheese into smaller peices and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer about 15 mintutes until cheese is melted and creamy.
- Add the Parmesan and serve over rice or pasta!
We really enjoyed this dish. I used 1 1/2 pounds frozen tenderloins, thawed. After the chicken was cooked in the sauce, I took it out, and tried to boil it down. It still wasn't thick enough for my taste, so I used cornstarch to thicken it, threw the chicken back in to rewarm and served it over spaghetti. I left out the parmesan to save a few calories, although what's the point when the Boursin cheese adds 600 by itself. We also got four servings out of this, not the 2 mentioned in the nutrition facts. I'll make it again for sure.
I had a hard time with the consistency of this sauce...it had pretty good flavor...but was very thin...probably the chef's fault. Not to mention, my husband about fell over when he saw the fat content!! Overall...just ok...I served it over bowtie pasta.
Very tasty chicken dish, I didn't have boursin cheese on hand, I substituted it with herb and garlic cream cheese. I highly recommand having this over noodles. Next time I would add peas or spinach for extra flavour.