Recipe by Bonnie Young
This spread is delicious on crackers, baked potatoes and vegetables. I get many requests to bring this to snack day at work. It is hard to believe something this good can be so easy to make. Real Boursin Cheese is very pricey and most people can't tell the difference!
Top Review by DebS #2
Excellent! This recipe made enough for two occasions. I didn't have any marjoram on hand so I left it out and didn't miss it at all. I served it with little dipping bread sticks. I'll be making this often! You saved me lots of money, too. I have been purchasing this at our local farmers market for $3.50 for a tiny container!!!! Thanks!!!
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup butter (butter preferred) or 1 cup margarine (butter preferred)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add garlic clove.
- Process until finely chopped, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Add cream cheese, butter and remaining ingredients; process until smooth, stopping twice to scrape down sides.
- Cheese mixture may be refrigerated up to one week or frozen uo to three months.