Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Not a "figure friendly" side dish, it tastes incredible. Nice to serve at special dinners or when you're not counting fat and calories.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- salt and pepper
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (5 ounce) package boursin cheese
- fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- Slice potatoes into quarter inch rounds and toss with salt and pepper.
- Slowly heat cream and cheese together until thoroughly melted.
- In a deep casserole dish layer half the potatoes.
- Cover with half the cream mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for one hour.
- Sprinkle top with chives or parsley.
This is an incredible recipe! I have been making this for a couple of years now and everybody always LOVES it. The only thing I do differently is that I don't cover mine.
No one will believe these are as easy to make, because they are SO rich and elegant. The skin left on the potatoes makes this dish look drop dead elegant. I brought this to a dinner party where I knew the hostess very well. It was served with a port glazed pork tenderloin and braised Belgian Endive. It was the perfect balance for the meal. This will be repeated often at our home, thanks Kim for making me look SO good when I did minimal work!
I used a new oven, and didn't turn one control on properly. I had to cook this 45 min. longer. I've never tried the Boursin Cheese and am NOT a cheese lover, but these were delicious. Absolutely a keeper.