Make your own boursin cheese at home. Very easy and economical too! It can be used to prepare other dishes with great success.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, fresh or dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, fresh or dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a small serving bowl and chill overnight.
- Serve at room temperature.
I can not say how happy I am to have found and tried this recipe! Tastes like boursin! One of my faves, and now I can fix it at home! I only made half the recipe, but I have a feeling that some of my friends may be receiving this with their holiday goodies this year. Thanks so much for sharing, Elly!
What a money-saver! This tastes just like the commercial stuff, at a fraction of the cost. It's super easy, too. Thanks for posting!
You suggested I use your recipe in leiu of garlic and cream cheese (that I couldn't find) in a recipe I was doing. Thank you so much, I absolutely loved this recipe. A restaurant in town puts this on their burgers, yummy! Thank you for suggesting this in the Q & A forum.