Boursin-style cheese can easily be made at home. Not just more economical, but fresher and tastier. Rub all the dried herbs used between your fingers before adding.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (the real stuff, and freshly-grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Have cheeses and butter at room temperature.
- Crush garlic.
- Mix cheeses, butter and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pack into a container just large enough to hold the boursin and store in refrigerator.
- To serve, bring to room temperature.
- Serve with crackers.