The Smokehouse in Sorrento, Victoria does an excellent Boursin pizza so I attempted to replicate it. It worked and was delicious, so here it is! They use a basil pomodoro pesto sauce but I did it the first time with just a plain basil pesto sauce. Either is fine, but I prefer the pomodoro version. I've also done it without the mozzarella, but it's better with just a little sprinkled on top. You could also substitute another cheese for the Boursin, like fetta, goat's cheese or even Philadelphia cream cheese. Awesome pizza!
- Spread pesto sauce over the pizza base.
- Distribute the salami evenly over the pizza.
- Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes and peppers and distribute evenly over the pizza.
- Crumble the Boursin cheese and distribute over the pizza.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella sparingly over the pizza.
- Transfer to the preheated Pizza Maker machine (or to a very hot oven) and cook until the crust is crisp and golden, rotating it 180 degrees half way through cooking to ensure it's cooked evenly (8 to 10 minutes).
- When the pizza is ready, remove, cut into pieces and serve immediately.
Really yummy and really easy! It was a great change of pace from the pizzas that we normally cook.