1/4 Photos of Boursin Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts - for Two!
1 hr 5 mins
A romantic & delectable dinner for two! Serve vineyard-style with a crusty baguette for mopping the juices--you may want to double the sauce, it's so good. May be frozen, at the stuffed stage, which makes this a great make-ahead dish. I usually keep several on hand in the freezer. Note: You could easily sub cream cheese, feta or chevre cheese for the boursin, and add your own favorite fresh or dry herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces boursin spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 3 ounces prosciutto or 3 ounces bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 cup par-boiled french French haricots vert or 1 cup thin green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots, green parts included
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375F/190°C.
- 2Add the 3 tablespoons olive oil to a baking dish, tilting to coat.
- 3Warm 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the proscuitto or bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from heat.
- 4Place each breast between a large sheet of cling wrap and lay on a cutting board. Gently pound each breast with a cook's mallet until flat and thin (about 1/4 inch thick). Be careful not to tear the chicken. Remove wrap.
- 5Lay the chicken breasts flat on the cutting board and evenly spread the Boursin cheese & the proscuitto onto one side of each breast, all the way to the edges.
- 6Roll up the chicken breasts jelly-roll style, starting with the narrow end and roll firmly, tucking in ends to form a neat roll.
- 7Gently place them into the oiled baking dish, seam side down.
- 8Arrange the tomatoes, haricots verts, and shallots around the chicken.
- 9Place a thyme sprig onto each breast.
- 10Drizzle with wine and squeeze fresh lemon juice over all, then sprinkle with lemon zest, a small pinch of salt over the vegetables, and the pepper.
- 11Place in the center of a pre-heated oven and roast for 40 to 50 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 12Serve vineyard-style with a crusty baguette for mopping the juices.
- 13To Freeze:.
- 14Immediately after stuffing and rolling, wrap individually in cling wrap and place into an airtight container or freezer bag. Defrost overnight in the fridge, then bake as directed above. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boursin Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts - for Two!
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 162.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs