Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted on request. Comes from "Joy of Cooking". One of my favorite version of Boursin Cheese. Great to use as an Horsd'oeuvre as filling for cherry tomatoes.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh herb (rosemary, summer savory, sage, thyme, dill basil, marjoram or oregano)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined and chill.
I prefer this recipe to the ones which include butter. It is light and delicious and can be used anywhere you would use Boursin. I often use it with chopped smoked salmon added to fill little timbales similar to Recipe #371958.
9/19/05 Made this tonight.. Didn't have anything fresh,but reconstituted dry. Very good!! Added more garlic and added onion powder as well. Tried to recreate Dave 'n Buster's grilled steak with Boursin cheese.. not bad!!!
Wanted a lower fat version of this so I used Neufchatel and was very pleased with the results. I especially liked the fresh herbs from the garden when I used this to make Potato Gratin with Boursin #37479.