Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Blue cheese lovers will delight in this creamy creation. Garnish with nasturtiums and fresh herbs and serve on a platter with fruit and nuts. Spread on bagel chips, sweet biscuits, water crackers or toasted sourdough bread.
- 3⁄4 cup cracker crumb (wheat thins or buttery crackers)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (5 ounce) package boursin cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, plus
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 10 ounces Stilton cheese or 10 ounces other blue cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter and press into the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Pour mixture onto crust in spring form pan.
- Wrap bottom and sides of pan in a double thickness of aluminum foil and then place it inside a larger pan, adding enough hot water to the larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake at 350*F for 50 to 55 minutes.
- (DO not overbake or brown.) It is done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Chill and serve.