Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious! To me, this tastes more like the real thing than other recipes I've tried. Lifted from "The Blue Strawbery Cookbook, or Cooking Brilliantly Without Recipes" by Chef James Haller, circa 1976. A great book, written more as a roadmap to creative cooking. Well worth looking for. Also "Another Blue Strawbery" cookbook, which was his second. The Blue Strawbery was his famous restaurant in New Hampshire for 16 years. And Chef Haller was maybe the first "hippie" chef. Reading these books is like watching Iron Chef: many unusual flavors and combinations. For example Swordfish in Coffee Brandy and Sour Cream. Or Five-Minute Breast of Chicken in a Sour Cream Sauce with Fried Peaches and Zucchini. Most interesting!
- 1⁄4 cup chablis
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced dried onion
- Simmer above in small saucepan for at least ten minutes until almost dry. Discard garlic.
- Mix into 1 softened 8 oz. cream cheese. Chill
- Adjust seasonings as desired, to your individual taste.