Recipe by Member #610488
Originally a Turkish dish made thoughout the former Ottoman Empire, this recipe is a Greek variation.
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups leeks, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Whisk the yogurt, eggs and sunflower oil in a deep plastic bowl. Toss in leek and feta cheese.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Knead using your hands.
- Pour into an oven-safe pyrex dish.
- Bake until the top gets nice golden color - it should take about 30-35 minutes.
- Cut in square pieces with a knife.