1/3 Photos of Bourek (Meat Filled Pastry)
This is an Algerian appetizer. Traditionally ground lamb is used for the filling but you can also try ground beef or turkey or even one time I did spinach and feta. You can also adjust the seasonings. I think phyllo dough is a pain to work with and was told to try it with an asian type wrapper. I tried but it didn't come out as well. You can fold the dough around it pretty much any way you want. Just do them all the same so they cook in the same amount of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the lamb and stir-fry a minute.
- 3Add the onion, parsley, salt, pepper and cinnamon and cook over medium low heat til lamb is cooked through.
- 4Take one sheet of phyllo and fold both side to the center length-wise.
- 5Sprinkle lightly with melted butter.
- 6Place 2 heaping tablespoons of meat stuffing at one end of the phyllo.
- 7Press it out til it is about 4 inches wide and 1 inch deep.
- 8Roll the dough over and roll about 3 times.
- 9Sprinkle a bit more butter on the end and dab with egg to seal.
- 10Do this with the remaining meat mix and phyllo.
- 11Bake in a buttered baking dish in 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourek (Meat Filled Pastry)
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 297.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g