Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Chicago Sun-Times' 'Top 10 Recipes of 2004' but it's originally from 'The Sober Kitchen' by Liz Scott. This chicken tastes so much like bourbon chicken, though you don't need to have bourbon to prepare it. Smells wonderful while cooking! Prep time does not include the marinading time, which is up to you....several hours to overnight. The recipe calls for 8 chicken thighs, I made it with 5 thighs but kept the sauce at the same amount and ended up with lots of tasty, sticky sauce. My family liked this a lot!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut in half
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the chicken in a 9x13-inch baking dish in a single layer and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour evenly over the chicken; cover the dish with foil and let marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°; remove the foil and bake the chicken, basting frequently, until the chicken is well-browned and glazed, about 1 1/2 hours.
Loved it! I made no changes to the recipe, only I did use just plain chicken breast. Anyhow, hubby & I thought this was just wonderful. It had great flavor. I only had to cook it for around an hour, and it was perfectly done. Thanks for posting this!
I made this for my family and it was delicious and really easy to make.
Very tasty! I will reduce the cooking time to 1hr or so next time. All in all, a very good recipe. Will make it again. Thanks