Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have made this recipe for years, especially during the holidays. It has always been a hit. The pecan topping really makes the recipe. Everyone always, and I mean always asks for the recipe. Remember the last four ingredients are for the topping and not to be put into the dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Bake the yams on an oven rack for 45 minutes, or until soft. Halve and scoop out pulp.
- Mash pulp, then add eggs, sugar, butter, cream, bourbon, and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Pour into prepared casserole.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- To prepare Pecan Topping. Combine last four ingredients sprinkle over yams. Decorate top with whole pecans if you would like.
- Bake uncovered, 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
Freaking amazing! Mmmm.
Very Good! The yams were surprisingly light. I made half the recipe using 3 large yams, 2 extra large eggs & lightly packed the brown sugar. Baked it in a 9X9 Pyrex dish. My husband & I ate 1/3 of it. It smell wonderful too. This is a good one, Rita.