Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use on any meat (pork beef chicken even add into ground beef for burgers). Jar this sweet sauce for gifts!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (Hot and spicy)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lucas limon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- Heat oil and butter and sautee onions and garlic till tender about 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand blender puree till onions are very fine.
- Cool and jar.
- Baste on any meats you want to be finger licking GOOD!
this makes a nice bbq sauce with a predominantly tomato flavor. i was hoping for more of a bourbon/molasses flavor with some more spice, but the family enjoyed this as is. i used it on a flamk steak on the grill, and bottled the rest to use as gifts.