Recipe by ~jb4~
This recipe came from the Oprah show and it just sounded delicious!!
Top Review by libertycooker
This was absolutely the moistest turkey I've ever prepared. We don't like dark meat so I used a 7-1/2 pound turkey bone-in breast. It fit nicely in a 2-gallon plastic resealable bag to marinate. I'm passing this recipe on to all of my friends and family!
- 16 lbs kosher turkey
- 1⁄4 cup herbes de provence
- 2 yards cheesecloth
- 2 -3 cups Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 24 hours in Advance: Soak 1 yard of cheesecloth in bourbon ring out lightly and stuff into turkey cavity.
- Rub Herbs de Provence under the turkey skin.
- With a kitchen needle and thread tack the skin back on the breast securely with a few stitches.
- Wrap the turkey with the remaining cheesecloth and soak the cloth with the remaining bourbon.
- Marinate in fridge for 24 hours, turning the turkey over 4-6 times.
- Next day: Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Remove cheesecloth from the outside of the turkey and stuff it into the cavity with the other cheesecloth.
- Rub turkey with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Bake 275 degrees f for 5 hours basting frequently.