Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the pecans (can also be done in the oven).
- In a big pot, boil the yams for 12 minutes with water just covering them.
- After 12 minutes, drain the water and replace with ice cold water to stop the cooking--peel and slice the potatoes.
- In a big pan melt the brown sugar and butter together until saucy.
- Add the bourbon and optionally flambé.
- Add heavy cream, blend together.
- Add the sliced yams to the pan and mix around with the sauce.
- Add the pecans and mix together while heating for a little bit, but not to cook the yams completely.
- Pour everything into a casserole dish and heat in the oven at 375° for 25 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.