Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Made in my house for every family gathering and holiday. Possibly the most delicious thing you'll EVER eat--even if you don't like yams, which I don't.
- In a skillet, brown the pecans (can also be done in the oven).
- In a big pot, boil the yams for 12 minutes with water just covering them.
- After 12 minutes, drain the water and replace with ice cold water to stop the cooking--peel and slice the potatoes.
- In a big pan melt the brown sugar and butter together until saucy.
- Add the bourbon and optionally flambé.
- Add heavy cream, blend together.
- Add the sliced yams to the pan and mix around with the sauce.
- Add the pecans and mix together while heating for a little bit, but not to cook the yams completely.
- Pour everything into a casserole dish and heat in the oven at 375° for 25 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
LaLa, these were perfect, decadent and simply wonderful. A classic!
This is an incredibly good recipe. By far the best sweet potato dish I have ever eaten.
Thank you so very much for this one. Last year I was hosting Thanksgiving for 2 families and had a rush towards the end trying to find a good side recipe. I hadn't found any original Sweet Potato recipes and stumbles across this one. It was one of the favorite items at last years dinner. It has become a page in my Thanksgiving Dinner recipe book. It was simple to do and the taste, Wonderful. Thank you again.