1/1 Photo of Bourbon Sweet Potatoes (Yams)
Made in my house for every family gathering and holiday. Possibly the most delicious thing you'll EVER eat--even if you don't like yams, which I don't.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, brown the pecans (can also be done in the oven).
- 2In a big pot, boil the yams for 12 minutes with water just covering them.
- 3After 12 minutes, drain the water and replace with ice cold water to stop the cooking--peel and slice the potatoes.
- 4In a big pan melt the brown sugar and butter together until saucy.
- 5Add the bourbon and heavy cream, blend together.
- 6Add the sliced potatoes to the pan and mix around with the sauce.
- 7Add the pecans and mix together while heating for a little bit, but not to cook the potatoes completely.
- 8Pour everything into a casserole dish and heat in the oven at 375° for 25 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Sweet Potatoes (Yams)
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 54.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g