Recipe by Roger/OH
This is a great make ahead recipe for those big family get-to-gathers. I often mix them the day before, adding the marshmallows and baking the day of the feast. I believe they are much better if they are refrigerated overnight or as leftovers the next day.
Top Review by Pickles McGee
My husband who doesn't like sweet potatoes liked these! I used fresh sweet potatoes I grew myself, brown sugar instead of white, and left out the marshmallows because it didn't really need the extra sweetness. Best sweet potatoes ever!
- 3 (18 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon (I usually splash in a little more)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sweet potatoes in a large sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash sweet potatoes
- Add sugar, butter, bourbon, vanilla and beat until well blended and smooth.
- Turn into a 2 quart shallow baking dish
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.