Recipe by Sherrybeth
Recipe which a local restaurant requested from my mother years ago and they serve on their menu. TRUE, Louisiana styled sweet 'taters!
Top Review by Jockey
Gee I thought we would like this but we did not. I used fresh sweet potatoes and Jack Daniels Bourbon thinking that would only make it better but maybe that was the reason. It was too sweet and the flavor of the sweet potatoes really did not come through.
- 3 (17 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain most of the liquid off of the sweet potatoes.
- Mix sweet potatoes, brown sugar and salt by hand in a large bowl.
- Add orange juice, orange rind, four and bourbon to the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour into lightly greased 9 x 13 pan and dot butter on top.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes in preheated 375 degree oven or until juice has been absorbed and the liquid has been absorbed.