Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe which a local restaurant requested from my mother years ago and they serve on their menu. TRUE, Louisiana styled sweet 'taters!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain most of the liquid off of the sweet potatoes.
- Mix sweet potatoes, brown sugar and salt by hand in a large bowl.
- Add orange juice, orange rind, four and bourbon to the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour into lightly greased 9 x 13 pan and dot butter on top.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes in preheated 375 degree oven or until juice has been absorbed and the liquid has been absorbed.