Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I made this for the holidays, last year, my family really liked it.
- 6 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup firm packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pecan halves
- Bring sweet potatoes and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Reduce heat, and cook 30 to 45 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Drain and let cool to touch; peel . Cut ends off, and discard. Cut remaining potato into 1-inch thick rounds. Arrange slices, evenly into 12 stacks in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- Combine butter and next 6 ingredients. Pour evenly over potatoes.
- bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. garnish, if desired.