Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You know us Southerners...we love our bourbon and sweet potatoes and pecans. This is a combination of the three. This recipe freezes well. From my mother's big plastic bag of recipes.
- 946.36 ml sweet potatoes, mashed
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple
- 85.04 g can condensed milk
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 29.58 ml Bourbon
- 473.18 ml Grape-nuts cereal
- 158.51 ml butter, melted
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans
- Put sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, pineapple, condensed milk, brown sugar and bourbon into bowl. Beat with mixer. The more you beat the fluffier. Pour into buttered casserole.
- Topping: Mix and sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
What a hit! The family loved it, co-workers loved it, even my picky sister loved it! Thanks for sharing this will be a new family tradition!
Absolutely delightful, it was almost a dessert (and for the calories, it is like a dessert)! This overflowed a 2 1/2-quart casserole, and I could have cut back on the topping by 1/3. From 3 lbs sweet potatoes, I ended up with a tad over 4 cups riced potatoes, which I made the night before. There is very little bourbon in proportion to the other ingredients, so I would serve to children, but not to people on alcohol-sensitive medications. I'm glad it freezes well, because DH is looking forward to its reprise! Thanks for sharing, Mary. Made for Photo Tag.