Recipe by mary winecoff
You know us Southerners...we love our bourbon and sweet potatoes and pecans. This is a combination of the three. This recipe freezes well. From my mother's big plastic bag of recipes.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 cups Grape-nuts cereal
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, pineapple, condensed milk, brown sugar and bourbon into bowl. Beat with mixer. The more you beat the fluffier. Pour into buttered casserole.
- Topping: Mix and sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.