Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You know us Southerners...we love our bourbon and sweet potatoes and pecans. This is a combination of the three. This recipe freezes well. From my mother's big plastic bag of recipes.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 cups Grape-nuts cereal
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Put sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, pineapple, condensed milk, brown sugar and bourbon into bowl. Beat with mixer. The more you beat the fluffier. Pour into buttered casserole.
- Topping: Mix and sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
What a hit! The family loved it, co-workers loved it, even my picky sister loved it! Thanks for sharing this will be a new family tradition!
Absolutely delightful, it was almost a dessert (and for the calories, it is like a dessert)! This overflowed a 2 1/2-quart casserole, and I could have cut back on the topping by 1/3. From 3 lbs sweet potatoes, I ended up with a tad over 4 cups riced potatoes, which I made the night before. There is very little bourbon in proportion to the other ingredients, so I would serve to children, but not to people on alcohol-sensitive medications. I'm glad it freezes well, because DH is looking forward to its reprise! Thanks for sharing, Mary. Made for Photo Tag.