Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
It's going to be a while so how to make a Po Boy at home.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sm, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced cooked
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until flour browns, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes; gradually stir in broth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and thyme; stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each roll; scoop out soft insides.
- 7. Arrange meat on each roll; spoon gravy over meat and replace tops on rolls.