Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
My husband loves andouille sausage. He tried this recipe out on our family and we all loved it.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (include some of the green tops)
- 4 ounces medium mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces andouille sausages, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1/8 inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper (I didn't think it needed any but suit yourself)
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet.
- Add in the next 3 ingredients; stir/saute for about 10 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the sausage is browned.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1 cup of cheese, parsley and salt/pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture over sausage-veggie mixture; lower heat setting to medium-low; cover and cook until about 10-12 minutes or until eggs are set and top is almost dry.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Place in preheated oven and broil about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Fast. Easy. Tasty. A winner for me. I halved the recipe for two and still had a small piece left over.
Very yummy frittata; it made a very nice lunch for me and my husband. I added more sausage as the previous reviewer suggested, as well as doubling the mushrooms - we love mushrooms. :) I wasn't able to slice the sausage raw; was I supposed to cook it before starting the recipe? I ended up just removing the casing and crumbling it while it cooked with the mushrooms and onions. Still very good.
I thought this was great. My husband liked it too. I do think that I would add more sausage than the recipe calls for. I used Irish cheddar cheese in it.