1/1 Photo of Bourbon Stout Yam Waffles
mary winecoff's Note:
If you like the darkness of Stout beer (I use Guinness) and bourbon together, here is the breakfast for you. Actually, the alcohol cooks off and just the interesting blend of sweet potatoes, bourbon and stout comes through. Great use for leftover sweet potatoes. Be sure to drench these in good quality maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2Beat the egg yolks and mix them with the milk, stout, bourbon, yams, melted butter and spices.
- 3Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks and fold them into the batter.
- 4Cook like ordinary waffles, following your waffle iron instructions.
- 5Pour on maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Stout Yam Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 450.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g