4 hrs 15 mins
This scrumptious-looking recipe just cries out "Autumn!" It's from Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson. She says it's "great for a crowd at holiday gatherings when you want the seasonal taste of pumpkin without the fuss of a pie." I can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cubed white bread
- 3 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk (or milk for non-vegans)
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (or a natural sweetener)
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Press half the bread cubes into the bottom of a lightly oiled 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- 2In a medium-size saucepan, heat the milk until hot, but do not let it come to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, spices, and salt. Blend well, then slowly add the hot milk, stirring constantly.
- 4Carefully pour half the pumpkin mixture over the bread and push the bread pieces down beneath the mixture to moisten them. Repeat with remaining bread and pumpkin mixture.
- 5Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours, until firm.
- 6Turn off the slow cooker and let the pudding sit, covered, for 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon-Spiked Pumpkin Bread Pudding (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 267.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: