Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from the Junior League of Augusta Georgia.
- 6 (1 1/8 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, soft and but into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup ground gingersnaps
- ground pecans or hazelnuts or powdered sugar
- Combine first 4 ingredients in top of double boiler. Bring water to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook till chocolate melts, stir constantly. Add butter, one piece at a time, stir with wire whisk till butter melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in gingersnap crumbs. Cover and chill 8 hours. shape mixture into 1" balls. Roll balls in nuts or sugar. place truffles in candy paper cups. Store in airtight container in fridge.