Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 40 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 green pepper, julienne
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 red onion, julienne
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 1⁄4 cups rich brown demi-glace
- 2 cups quick grits
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a hot saute pan, put 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place shrimp and vegetables in pan, season with salt and pepper and saute until shrimp starts to stick and turn color; deglaze pan with bourbon.
- When flame dies down, add demi-glace and finish cooking.
- Pour over grits.
- To mae grits, place butter, water, cream, salt and pepper in sauce pan; bring to slow boil.
- Add grits.
- Stir with whisk until it starts to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and cook grits until done.
- If they seem to be too thick, add water until right consistency.
- When grits are done, add cheese and correct the seasonings.