Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
try this at your next kentucky derby party. this goes well over wild rice.
Make and share this Bourbon Shrimp Flambe recipe from Food.com.
- melt butter in skillet.
- add shrimp, cook for 1 minute.
- add bourbon.
- with a long match ignite and shake pan until flames die down-be careful.
- remove shrimp to a warm platter.
- add cream and tomato paste to pan.
- bring to a boil and reduce until thickened.
- add lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- return shrimp to pan.
- add chives.
- garnish with pecans if desired.
- serve over wild rice.
This is a fabulous recipe. I switched the Bourbon to Jack Daniels instead. The smoky flavour was amazing. Originally, I cooked it as a side dish but it turned out to be more popular than the main course!!!!
Chia this was excellent. I had this as a light meal after a full day of shopping in Little Rock. Hubby was worried that I might set the house on fire, but all went well. I did add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little more zip. Thanks for a quick and easy recipe.
This is a great recipe chia....quick, easy and delicious. I made as is, leaving out the optional pecans. Used this as an appetizer and it was a hit. Thanks so much for the recipe.