Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
try this at your next kentucky derby party. this goes well over wild rice.
- 4 tablespoons butter, enough to saute shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- toasted pecans (to garnish) (optional)
- melt butter in skillet.
- add shrimp, cook for 1 minute.
- add bourbon.
- with a long match ignite and shake pan until flames die down-be careful.
- remove shrimp to a warm platter.
- add cream and tomato paste to pan.
- bring to a boil and reduce until thickened.
- add lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- return shrimp to pan.
- add chives.
- garnish with pecans if desired.
- serve over wild rice.
This is a fabulous recipe. I switched the Bourbon to Jack Daniels instead. The smoky flavour was amazing. Originally, I cooked it as a side dish but it turned out to be more popular than the main course!!!!
Chia this was excellent. I had this as a light meal after a full day of shopping in Little Rock. Hubby was worried that I might set the house on fire, but all went well. I did add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little more zip. Thanks for a quick and easy recipe.
This is a great recipe chia....quick, easy and delicious. I made as is, leaving out the optional pecans. Used this as an appetizer and it was a hit. Thanks so much for the recipe.