Recipe by Ambervim
What a great twist on salted caramel....the bourbon!!!! I took this out of the December 2013 Bon Appetit.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 59.14 ml water
- 396.89 g sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 29.58 ml Bourbon
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- flaky sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- If you don't have silicone pan then lightly coat an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2” overhang on 2 sides; spray parchment.
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture turns a deep amber color, 8–10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in sweetened condensed milk and butter. The mixture will bubble vigorously. .Stir until smooth.
- Fit pan with thermometer and return to medium-low heat.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until thermometer registers 240°.
- Remove from heat and whisk in bourbon and kosher salt.
- Pour into prepared pan; let cool.
- Sprinkle caramel with sea salt, cut into 3/4 inch pieces and wrap individually in parchment paper.
- DO AHEAD: Caramels can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store wrapped tightly in plastic in airtight container at room temperature.