What a great twist on salted caramel....the bourbon!!!! I took this out of the December 2013 Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
8x8 pan ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you don't have silicone pan then lightly coat an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2” overhang on 2 sides; spray parchment.
- 2Bring sugar, corn syrup, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture turns a deep amber color, 8–10 minutes.
- 3Remove pan from heat and whisk in sweetened condensed milk and butter. The mixture will bubble vigorously. .Stir until smooth.
- 4Fit pan with thermometer and return to medium-low heat.
- 5Cook, whisking constantly, until thermometer registers 240°.
- 6Remove from heat and whisk in bourbon and kosher salt.
- 7Pour into prepared pan; let cool.
- 8Sprinkle caramel with sea salt, cut into 3/4 inch pieces and wrap individually in parchment paper.
- 9DO AHEAD: Caramels can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store wrapped tightly in plastic in airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon–Sea Salt Caramels
Serving Size: 1 (1171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4200.4
- Calories from Fat 1142
- Total Fat 126.9 g
- Saturated Fat 80.0 g
- Cholesterol 378.9 mg
- Sodium 2588.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 746.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 660.8 g
- Protein 32.3 g