Recipe by Rita~
These I make my request of my sis Lydia. Her favorite! I've also use walnuts. The food processor make this so very easy!
Top Review by Loves2Cook!
These were totally awesome! They went like hotcakes at my office party today. I used food service gloves when I made the cookies into balls--voila! no sticking! After I chilled them for about an hour, I re-rolled them in the powdered sugar, as the powdered sugar from the first roll got absorbed. They were much better after sitting overnight in the fridge. I got 34 1" rum balls out of the recipe.
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 44.37 ml light Karo syrup
- 34.46 ml cocoa
- 709.77 ml vanilla wafers, crushed
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped fine
- 118.29 ml Bourbon (or rum)
- powdered sugar, for coating the cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Place wafers and pecans in food processor and pulse till crumbly.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse till smooth.
- Shape into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll in powdered sugar and chill.
- This mixture is sticky, so keep finger and palms of hands dusted with sugar while shaping cookies.
- It helps if hands and kitchen is cool.