Recipe by Lucky.Wife
Recipe from a local newspaper called the Tennesseean.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I got this recipe out of a newspaper, too, and made it for Thanksgiving. It really did not go over well. It baked up very grainy and did not look appetizing at all. I made as posted but would not make again in the future. I wish I could rate this higher as I love cooking with bourbon.
- 1 pastry for single-crust pie
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon or 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- sweetened whipped cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the filling, in a large glass bowl whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, and eggs.
- Then whisk in cream, milk, bourbon, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until filling is set at the edges and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving at room temperature.