Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is very yummy, great dessert for entertaining and during the holidays. From Cooks for a Cause. I have made this many times its wonderful! Should be made a few hours before serving as this needs to be chilled after baking beofre serving.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- For the Crust:.
- Mix the flour and sugar in mixing bowl. Add the butter and eggs, mix well with hands. Shape into a ball and chill, wrapped in plastic wrap for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a circle 11 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into a 9 inch circle to fit into a 9 inch springform pan. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool to room temperature before putting in the filling.
- For the Filling:.
- Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the cream, cornstarch, bourbon and vanilla.
- Combine the pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a bowl ans whisk until smooth.
- Add to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Spoon over the cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool to room temperature. Chill, covered in the refridgerator.
- Place on a serving plate and remove sides os springform pan.