Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great sauce over ice-cream or bread pudding... in fact it's good over anything. I make this with my Roasted Banana Bread Pudding.
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon or 1 tablespoon dark rum, if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- place pecans and butter in heavy medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until nuts are toasted, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup cream; stir until smooth. In small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons milk and cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture into sauce.
- Increase heat to medium-high; cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon bourbon, 1 teaspoon vanilla and dash salt. Serve warm. (Store sauce, covered, in refrigerator. If too thick after reheating, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.).