Recipe by CHRISSYG
Bourbon has such a great earthy smoky flavor and it lends itself so well to sweet as well as savory dishes. This is very simple recipe that provides BIG Flavor. I hope you will try this and enjoy it as much as I do. I used to make this with a whole loin, but it has to marinate forever and I'm just not a patient person. So I scaled back the amounts and the cooking time. If you choose to make this for a whole loin, double the marinade, refrigerate overnight and roast it in the oven basting with the reduced marinade.
Top Review by ladycook
I really liked this recipe... Earthy is a great description for the bourbon flavor once the alcohol cooks off. I was afraid it would be like the bourbon chicken that you get in the mall, which is good, but not what I was hoping for....What kept me from giving the 5 star rating is that I read the previous review and cut back on the sugar. It was really good with just 1/4c not too sweet.
- 3 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick (broken into pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce and cinnamon stick.
- Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Place tenderloins in a resealable bag and pour marinade over.
- Push as much air out of the bag as possible so that tenderloins are covered.
- Seal and turn to coat.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to med/low.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade and pour marinade into a saucepan.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and grill over a medium to low fire for about 20 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, begin boiling the marinade over high heat until alcohol cooks off and it is reduced by about half.
- Add water and flour to marinade and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- When the tenderloin is done remove from grill and allow to rest a few minutes covered.
- Strain thickened marinade and slice pork into 1/2 thick medallions.
- Arrange on a serving platter and pour some sauce over top.
- Serve with additional sauce on the side.