Bourbon has such a great earthy smoky flavor and it lends itself so well to sweet as well as savory dishes. This is very simple recipe that provides BIG Flavor. I hope you will try this and enjoy it as much as I do. I used to make this with a whole loin, but it has to marinate forever and I'm just not a patient person. So I scaled back the amounts and the cooking time. If you choose to make this for a whole loin, double the marinade, refrigerate overnight and roast it in the oven basting with the reduced marinade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine onion, bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce and cinnamon stick.
- 2Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Place tenderloins in a resealable bag and pour marinade over.
- 4Push as much air out of the bag as possible so that tenderloins are covered.
- 5Seal and turn to coat.
- 6Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 7Preheat grill to med/low.
- 8Remove tenderloins from marinade and pour marinade into a saucepan.
- 9Season pork with salt and pepper and grill over a medium to low fire for about 20 minutes or until done.
- 10Meanwhile, begin boiling the marinade over high heat until alcohol cooks off and it is reduced by about half.
- 11Add water and flour to marinade and bring back to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- 13When the tenderloin is done remove from grill and allow to rest a few minutes covered.
- 14Strain thickened marinade and slice pork into 1/2 thick medallions.
- 15Arrange on a serving platter and pour some sauce over top.
- 16Serve with additional sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Pork Tenderloins
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 168.4 mg
- Sodium 1433.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 55.0 g