3 hrs 30 mins
This is a sweet and spicy pork chili with a kick!from the bourbon! It is simple to make, but feeds a crowd!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs pork loin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 3 jalapenos, seeds removed and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup creamed organic wildflower honey
- 1/2 cup black freshly brewed coffee
- 1 1/4 cups makers mark Bourbon
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- avocado, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- 1Make one day before serving for optimal flavor.
- 2Heat 4 Tablespoons of vegetable oil over high heat in large heavy pot or dutch oven. Generously season pork with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add pork loin in batches to sear on all sides. Remove pork and set aside.
- 3Turn heat down to medium. Add remaining 4 Tablespoons of vegetable oil to pot. Add red bell pepper, jalepenos, onion cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Sweat vegetables until onions are soft.
- 4Add in the garlic and saute for 1 minute just until you smell the garlic cooking.
- 5Add the bourbon and let cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Add in the honey, kidney beans, black beans, and tomatoes. Turn up the heat until mixture is bubbling.
- 7Turn the heat down to lowest setting and simmer for at least 3 hours. Or until the pork is buttery and tender.
- 8Place cooked chili in refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to meld.
- 9Slowly reheat over medium low heat before serving.
- 10Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, avoocados, and cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Pork Loin Chili
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.9
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 443.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: