Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 6 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was handed down to me by my mother, who got it from my sister. It is very rich, very very tasty and admired by all.
- Spearate and mix 5 egg yolks until light yellow.
- Continue beating, gradually adding 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Dissolve Knox Gelatin in 1/4 cup boiling water and add to egg mixture.
- "Becareful not to let gelatin mixture cool before adding to egg mixture.
- I can't stress, this is a critical step to making this pie"!
- Add 1/3 cup Bourbon, continuing to beat.
- In separate bowl, beat whipping cream to equal to 2 cups.
- Add to mixture and continue to beat.
- Pour mixture in baked pie shell.
- **Optional - Sprinkle pie with nutmeg.
- Place in refrigerator and let set for 6 hours.
- Cut into thin slices and ENJOY.