6 hrs 15 mins
This recipe was handed down to me by my mother, who got it from my sister. It is very rich, very very tasty and admired by all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spearate and mix 5 egg yolks until light yellow.
- 2Continue beating, gradually adding 3/4 cup of sugar.
- 3Dissolve Knox Gelatin in 1/4 cup boiling water and add to egg mixture.
- 4"Becareful not to let gelatin mixture cool before adding to egg mixture.
- 5I can't stress, this is a critical step to making this pie"!
- 6Add 1/3 cup Bourbon, continuing to beat.
- 7In separate bowl, beat whipping cream to equal to 2 cups.
- 8Add to mixture and continue to beat.
- 9Pour mixture in baked pie shell.
- 10**Optional - Sprinkle pie with nutmeg.
- 11Place in refrigerator and let set for 6 hours.
- 12Cut into thin slices and ENJOY.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 86.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: