Recipe by LinMarie
This recipe was handed down to me by my mother, who got it from my sister. It is very rich, very very tasty and admired by all.
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 (1 small) packageof knox gelatin
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 baked deep dish pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon (Jim Bean)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spearate and mix 5 egg yolks until light yellow.
- Continue beating, gradually adding 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Dissolve Knox Gelatin in 1/4 cup boiling water and add to egg mixture.
- "Becareful not to let gelatin mixture cool before adding to egg mixture.
- I can't stress, this is a critical step to making this pie"!
- Add 1/3 cup Bourbon, continuing to beat.
- In separate bowl, beat whipping cream to equal to 2 cups.
- Add to mixture and continue to beat.
- Pour mixture in baked pie shell.
- **Optional - Sprinkle pie with nutmeg.
- Place in refrigerator and let set for 6 hours.
- Cut into thin slices and ENJOY.